Two from late Spring

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BLev65

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This was from my 2nd visit to Grand Teton NP. I spent 14 days in my tiny camper (R-Pod) splitting my time between the Badlands in SD and the Tetons in WY. Next year I'm hoping to spend a solid 14 days in Yellowstone. My mornings were often spent pursuing wildlife and my evenings were spend in search of landscapes. The first shot (3 shot pano) caused me to abort my search for mammals, as the reflection was too perfect to pass up, and the 2nd end abruptly when a bear started to stir... All Z6 w/ either 24-70 or 14-30.

regards,
bruce
Tetons_BLZ3180-Pano.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

TetonLandscapStack_BLZ2121-23-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Attachments

• TetonLandscapeStackBLZ2125-28-Edit-Edit.jpg
    TetonLandscapeStackBLZ2125-28-Edit-Edit.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 128
This was from my 2nd visit to Grand Teton NP. I spent 14 days in my tiny camper (R-Pod) splitting my time between the Badlands in SD and the Tetons in WY. Next year I'm hoping to spend a solid 14 days in Yellowstone. My mornings were often spent pursuing wildlife and my evenings were spend in search of landscapes. The first shot (3 shot pano) caused me to abort my search for mammals, as the reflection was too perfect to pass up, and the 2nd end abruptly when a bear started to stir... All Z6 w/ either 24-70 or 14-30.

regards,
bruce
View attachment 7810

View attachment 7812
Lovely landscape and very nice composition!

Nice I love the second shot. The balsamroot in the Sagebrush steppe leading to the low clouds and mountain peaks are all beautiful

regards,
bruce

Would love to hear your thought on your R-pod... I'm planing a trip to Yellowstone next year and I've been thinking I want something similar. Been researching them for about 2 months now.

As for the photos nicely done! I like the composition on both.

Would love to hear your thought on your R-pod... I'm planing a trip to Yellowstone next year and I've been thinking I want something similar. Been researching them for about 2 months now.

As for the photos nicely done! I like the composition on both.
Hi Gordon,
I've has small campers since 2008 or 10. I began with a hard side pop-up and ran with that for a few years. Unfortunately, mine was not made for long distant trips and I suffered a pear of tire blow-outs that led to thousands of dollars of damage. By the time I traded it in, the insurance and I put more money into repairs than the original price of the camper. At that point I was going to get out of the camper ownership world when I saw the R-Pod on the showroom floor. There is nothing flashy about these. The internal fit and finish does not reflect craftsmanship, but, rather, a more utilitarian approach. We've now had ours for a little more than 5 years (I think). With the tires sitting outside of the camper, I figured... "if I have another blow-out then the inside remains undamaged." Given my history with campers, this latter point was huge for me.
As for travels and use, the R-Pod has served us very well. I live in MN, where it is quite beautiful, but distant from our continent's best wildlife and landscape locations. It takes 8 - 10 hours to get to the Badlands, and that is the gateway to the West for us. I also have a dog, so my wife and I wanted a way that we could travel, camp, and live on location. Our little camper has everything we need to sleep, eat, stay warm, stay, cool, and stay dry. It has just enough room to store the cameras and space to do image edits. It is what we use as our photography base-camp. In fact, I just returned from two nights at a local state park to do some waterfall photography. Temps got into the 20's overnight, and we were snug as a bug... though the dog helps with that too ;)
While we have had to do some minor repairs and maintenance to our camper, this seems to be the norm for anyone who buys a camper regardless of its price. Thing rattle free on the road, and long stretches of disuse (like the 6 months of MN cold) can lead to problems as well. At this point, we have taken the R-Pod to the badlands (only) twice, badlands + Tetons (this year), a "monster road trip" in 2018 that began in MN, then to Theodore Roosevelt NP to Banff to Kootenay NP to the Olympic Peninsula to Glacier, and then home. We were on the road for 16 days with one motel stay... The trip was a hoot and the camper was as utilitarian as I would hope it would be. Finally, and this is key... I do not need a pick-up truck. I pull the R-Pod with a 6-cylinder Grand Cherokee... At this point, the two seem to work very well together.
If you are not looking for premium fit and finish, the R-Pod is great.... if you are looking for craftsmanship inside the trailer, then the R-Pod is not for you.

Hi Gordon,
I've has small campers since 2008 or 10. I began with a hard side pop-up and ran with that for a few years. Unfortunately, mine was not made for long distant trips and I suffered a pear of tire blow-outs that led to thousands of dollars of damage. By the time I traded it in, the insurance and I put more money into repairs than the original price of the camper. At that point I was going to get out of the camper ownership world when I saw the R-Pod on the showroom floor. There is nothing flashy about these. The internal fit and finish does not reflect craftsmanship, but, rather, a more utilitarian approach. We've now had ours for a little more than 5 years (I think). With the tires sitting outside of the camper, I figured... "if I have another blow-out then the inside remains undamaged." Given my history with campers, this latter point was huge for me.
As for travels and use, the R-Pod has served us very well. I live in MN, where it is quite beautiful, but distant from our continent's best wildlife and landscape locations. It takes 8 - 10 hours to get to the Badlands, and that is the gateway to the West for us. I also have a dog, so my wife and I wanted a way that we could travel, camp, and live on location. Our little camper has everything we need to sleep, eat, stay warm, stay, cool, and stay dry. It has just enough room to store the cameras and space to do image edits. It is what we use as our photography base-camp. In fact, I just returned from two nights at a local state park to do some waterfall photography. Temps got into the 20's overnight, and we were snug as a bug... though the dog helps with that too ;)
While we have had to do some minor repairs and maintenance to our camper, this seems to be the norm for anyone who buys a camper regardless of its price. Thing rattle free on the road, and long stretches of disuse (like the 6 months of MN cold) can lead to problems as well. At this point, we have taken the R-Pod to the badlands (only) twice, badlands + Tetons (this year), a "monster road trip" in 2018 that began in MN, then to Theodore Roosevelt NP to Banff to Kootenay NP to the Olympic Peninsula to Glacier, and then home. We were on the road for 16 days with one motel stay... The trip was a hoot and the camper was as utilitarian as I would hope it would be. Finally, and this is key... I do not need a pick-up truck. I pull the R-Pod with a 6-cylinder Grand Cherokee... At this point, the two seem to work very well together.
If you are not looking for premium fit and finish, the R-Pod is great.... if you are looking for craftsmanship inside the trailer, then the R-Pod is not for you.
Awesome thank you so much for that info! I currently have an f150 but I'm thinking I'm going to go to the new Bronco next year... it will pull my small boat and I wanted something small and lite to pull behind the bronco as well... It's just me right now so it doesn't have to be fancy but its more convenient and secure than having to setup a tent.. Seems like a perfect fit for what I'm looking to do... I'm considering building my own... (I built my own home and have welded up trailers in the past for various things so it shouldn't be that hard... But we'll see, also I don't know if I really have enough time right now either.

Awesome info again thank you!

Last edited:
Back