Two more from Thursday 11/10/22

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ralph

Supporting Member
Marketplace
49F4938E-6ECC-4574-8553-B934812ABBA1.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
6CF23EB5-4579-4418-B85C-1F566A6BA689.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Ralph, I really like the second one more than the first one. They both a good photos
Thanks Nathan. I go back and forth. The second photo was actually from the first series. I was inching forward shooting and trying to get closure and right before I started shooting again, some people came out of the woods and he took off, But he just circle around to another perch where the lighting was different due the lack off trees. Sun was getting low(about 3:30 pm EST. This perch was a little closer.

I have started to see Kingfishers appearing more and more in my area (West coast). But they like to keep their distances from people. Kudos to you for getting close to this one.

I have started to see Kingfishers appearing more and more in my area (West coast). But they like to keep their distances from people. Kudos to you for getting close to this one.
Thanks Craig. It’s like they have their radar set for about 100 ft. Any closer and they take off. You have to be very stealthy.

I think you're going to have to change your name to King(fisher) Ralph! Nice shots.
Thanks Steven. It’s such a convenient location(10 minutes ) away from my home that I keep going back. Nice and quiet and I never know what else will pop up.

Increasingly worried re your relationship with these ‘ere Kingfishers…reminds me of my cousin’s concern about me and our local herons!!
Can’t help myself. 😂 Truthfully , When shooting them it gives many opportunities to experiment with very difficult lighting conditions.

Back