Unblemished --- Red Admiral.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gottshotz

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This insect was perfect, and maybe this was its first drink too, as there were no scales missing or ragged edges apparant . Nectaring on a Buddleia bush in my back garden in Belfast it would have been a sin not to capture this "pristine" beauty. Unfortunately, although Red Admirals can hibernate successfully in the southern parts of the UK, it seldom survives our damp northern Irish winters.

A1C04925-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

What a beautiful image David the clarity is fantastic ,I love the colours you couldn`t have wished for a better combination as the Admiral really pops against the Buddleia bush and the background

Harry.G

What a beautiful image David the clarity is fantastic ,I love the colours you couldn`t have wished for a better combination as the Admiral really pops against the Buddleia bush and the background

Harry.G
Thanks Harry, yes the colour contrasts are stunning !

Wonderful capture. Beautiful. Having never been there, I always pictured the weather in Belfast to be rainy and dark during the fall. Your photo is so full of life. Young butterfly and purple flower makes me think summer. I need to travel more.

Wonderful capture. Beautiful. Having never been there, I always pictured the weather in Belfast to be rainy and dark during the fall. Your photo is so full of life. Young butterfly and purple flower makes me think summer. I need to travel more.
Thanks , oddly enough we have just had the wettest October since records began, but we do get days such as that in the photo .

That would be a fair statement , we can have more than our fair share of rain throughout the year hence its also known as the "Emerald Isle"

Harry.G

Back