Underwater Wildlife

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
In addition to above water wildlife photography, some of us also venture underwater in search of adventure.
Red Sea Anemonefish, Red Sea near Jeddah Saudi Arabia, taken about 13m/40ft depth
Nikon1 J3 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 lens at 10mm, f/3.5, 1/100sec, ISO 450. Nikon WP-N2 housing, Sola 1200 Photo Dive light
Processed in LR Classic, not cropped
ClownfishBCG-1-3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Really cool shot - I really like the way you used the flash, it makes a nice, natural looking vignette.
Thank you for the comment. I use a continuous light rather than a flash. The Sola 1200 lumen Photo/Dive Light (5500K) is amazing. The continuous light lets me see the true colors before I hit the shutter rather than having to chimp after each flash shot to see if the colors are ok. Also, keeping the continuous light on the subject, the drop-off is quick for things outside of the light beam Making for nice ability to vignette the shots.

What a awesome photo. I hear underwater photo is not the easiest thing to do. Great shot!
I took up diving to take more photos. Yes, it requires practice to control your bouyancy and learning hor to hold manage the current to get you shots. But it also helps you learn to relax so you can get the shots. I will post other underwater wildlife shots.

Back