UPDATED 20240110 : RUMOR: New “Major” Sony A1 firmware update is coming soon ?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

There are few things I am sure A1 can handle in terms of CPU power. Focus stacking, breathing compensation, animal eye af in video. I hope sony will deliver that. Maybe they postponed a1 II due to no competition overtaking a1?

Wishful thinking? Or could it be real. Easy to report of rumors, they are a dime a dozen, though I am stil looking for the guy with the dime

Additional info : "Sony says that they got the message about the “firmware complains” and the A1 and A7sIII will soon get Monitor & Control app support"

See here !

My main request is "Pro Capture" like on OM-1 : "Pro Capture begins recording once the shutter button is pressed halfway (1st release) and records previous frames beginning with the moment when the shutter button is pressed fully (2nd release), ensuring users never miss moments caused by time lag from human reaction and camera operation."

Not sure if the current A1 hardware can support this.

My main request is "Pro Capture" like on OM-1 : "Pro Capture begins recording once the shutter button is pressed halfway (1st release) and records previous frames beginning with the moment when the shutter button is pressed fully (2nd release), ensuring users never miss moments caused by time lag from human reaction and camera operation."

Old Oly/Pana cameras could do it, so most likely A1 coudl as well ... unless there is some super ackward firmware/hardware issue. But I would doubt it.

I'd be surprised if the A1 hardware couldn't support Pro Capture.
But I'd be even more surprised if Sony actually added it via FW.
Sony already has a pre-recording (ie pro capture) feature in their video cameras so they know how to do it.
ProCapture seems to be the one unique feature they could use as a headline to sell A1II. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see it released first in the A9III.

There are few things I am sure A1 can handle in terms of CPU power. Focus stacking, breathing compensation, animal eye af in video. I hope sony will deliver that. Maybe they postponed a1 II due to no competition overtaking a1?
Sony did not "postpone" the A1ii. It hasn't been formally announced or put on any sort of dumb roadmap..............so there is nothing to postpone. It's in development now and is likely to come in late '24 or early '25. The next important camera from Sony is the forthcoming A9iii which should be officially announced and released within the next couple months. They will want that camera to sell for a year or so before putting out an A1ii.

Sony did not "postpone" the A1ii. It hasn't been formally announced or put on any sort of dumb roadmap..............so there is nothing to postpone. It's in development now and is likely to come in late '24 or early '25. The next important camera from Sony is the forthcoming A9iii which should be officially announced and released within the next couple months. They will want that camera to sell for a year or so before putting out an A1ii.
Well, if you want ot be formal, one can say postpone just like one can say 'A1 II is in development'. There has been no formal development annoucement of A1 II nor A9 III, so .... rumors rumors and speculations. On your and my side ;)

And precapture. Imho all of that is possibile. A1II would ofc get new screen and AI procesor and a9 ergos plus some incremental updates, making sure that update is worthwile for users. That would be awesome, but it will most likely turn out to be just wishful thinking 😉

Back