If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

We "donated" an old trampoline that took up 90% of the back yard and now I've got a better angle on our humming birds. Recently, they have been coming in pairs that chase each other away. Then they sit on the power wires above the alley and mock me. During work from home lunch yesterday, I managed a few shots. I still need to figure out their behavior more so I can get into a good position. I've been banned from setting up feeders as "they are not appropriate for an organic garden."

This one paused in front of my concrete wall while sampling a Mexican Sage bush.

S.Sidell-2020-09-02-155505_SS5_3564.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nothing more organic than to have mother nature's creatures get rid of the bugs that chemicals used to. Modern day farmers are starting to wake up to the fact that birds are better for their farms than they used to believe. Well, with with the exception of some of our Oz birds which can leave a trail of destruction. Bloody cockatoos. ;);)

Edit: Forgot to add. Great shot.

Nothing more organic than to have mother nature's creatures get rid of the bugs that chemicals used to. Modern day farmers are starting to wake up to the fact that birds are better for their farms than they used to believe. Well, with with the exception of some of our Oz birds which can leave a trail of destruction. Bloody cockatoos. ;);)

I think that is part of it. We don't use any chemicals. Lots of birds, which is nice. All in a densely populated area of Southern California. So, I want to say that occasional use of clean feeders is ok (for my photo habit).

I thought they were sulpher-crested, and gang gang and Mitchel'sl! Now I learned about a new species. Will have to go and check it out next time! :LOL: ;)