Urban Landscape

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Residential side street in downtown Philadelphia. Area dating back to late 1700's. The street is wide enough for a horse carriage.
Shot with 590nm IR converted camersa. Processed in LrC, PS and Nik Suite, primarily Siver Efex Pro.

CityStreet.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nicely done! I particularly like the way IR transforms vegetation

Reactions: JAS
Joe - Dr Seuss said: You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
Such alleys always evoke emotions, feeling longings, especially when rendered a bit mystic, like here. One wonders were it may lead . . . what direction to choose.
Nicely done! 🤩

Joe - Dr Seuss said: You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
Such alleys always evoke emotions, feeling longings, especially when rendered a bit mystic, like here. One wonders were it may lead . . . what direction to choose.
Nicely done! 🤩
Thank you! Very thoughtful and reflective. The eye is drawn to such scenes and one wonders what has happened on that quiet street through the years, who has lived there, andwhat history has happened there.

Thank you! Very thoughtful and reflective. The eye is drawn to such scenes and one wonders what has happened on that quiet street through the years, who has lived there, andwhat history has happened there.
Joe, so true. Have you read O'Henry? This can be a scene from one of his awesome short stories...

Residential side street in downtown Philadelphia. Area dating back to late 1700's. The street is wide enough for a horse carriage.
Shot with 590nm IR converted camersa. Processed in LrC, PS and Nik Suite, primarily Siver Efex Pro.

View attachment 85425
Joe, I thought more about this work after I initially posted…. The impression it makes on the viewer lingers…at least it did for me. The crowned brick streets, air-conditioners in windows and the “vanishing point” perspective make this exceptional. Add in the IR (which means you had a camera converted) and this is a winner. If printed in a large format it would show very well in a gallery…..

Back