Using Sony a7iv with 100-400 sony gm lens and Wimberley mono gimbal MH-100.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have posted on this before so now I have found the solution. The problem is that the Wimberley head requires a Arca Swiss lens plate or lens foot. A search online revealed that the other non sony lens foot plates, for this lens would work but having purchased one I found that it left no space for ones fingers between the camera and the lens foot. Following a live chat with B&H advisor we found the solution a lens plate (not footplate) did the job. B&H live chat is excellent. The footplate is a Kirk KLP-310-2NL and to facilitate carrying a QD-DLOOP quick disconnect button to which one can attach a camera strap. For anyone not familiar with Wimberley monogimbal and its use with long and heavy lenses, see Steve's video on the subject.

I too am quite fond of the folks at B&H and kirkphoto.com! They can be a bit expensive but but the gear is the best in the world and you only buy once. Their quality and knowledge is unsurpassed! Thanks for sharing with the group. (y) (y)(y)(y)(y)

Back