Velvet Whitetail bucks

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wade Abadie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I managed to get a few shots of some Whitetail bucks in velvet last week. The first image is probably my favorite, as it is always hard to get 3 animals of any kind to all pose for a decent photo. This part of Texas has received lots of rain this year so far, and I feel like the tall grass added a nice extra element to the photos.

Taken with my Nikon Z8 + Nikon 180-600mm

kCTCVGx.jpeg

ONVkdl0.jpeg

zUyc0yy.jpeg

Gorgeous photographs. Whitetails are very cool animals. Thanks for sharing. I am in West Central Texas, and it is no longer lush and green.
Thanks Micky! These were taken near Huntsville, TX and that area has had close to 60" of rain since January....which more than their average annual rainfall. It was very thick and green. Great nutrition for the deer and great cover to protect the fawns from predators!

I managed to get a few shots of some Whitetail bucks in velvet last week. The first image is probably my favorite, as it is always hard to get 3 animals of any kind to all pose for a decent photo. This part of Texas has received lots of rain this year so far, and I feel like the tall grass added a nice extra element to the photos.

Taken with my Nikon Z8 + Nikon 180-600mm

kCTCVGx.jpeg

ONVkdl0.jpeg

zUyc0yy.jpeg
Beautiful set Wade👍👍👍

Back