Video clip "stealing"

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Richard Wright

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I seldom post stills or video on social media as I have had of copies being shared or copies to inappropriate sites ,and of course I loose control of the image. Watermarks to not work as they can be croppre or stripped in post. However, I see lots of you posting on this site. Has anyone had an issue with borrowing or stealing of clips. I am hoping not, but thought I would check in. I am NOT suggesting members would do this but others could.

I seldom post stills or video on social media as I have had of copies being shared or copies to inappropriate sites ,and of course I loose control of the image. Watermarks to not work as they can be croppre or stripped in post. However, I see lots of you posting on this site. Has anyone had an issue with borrowing or stealing of clips. I am hoping not, but thought I would check in. I am NOT suggesting members would do this but others could.
Not that I am aware of Richard.

I will regularly get around 5 or 6 copyright notices a week from YT letting me know that all or part of my videos are being used illegally on their platform. I have 2 videos in particular that have between 6 and 7 million views, so they are usually the targets, being a YT Premium member I get notified almost immediately and hence it's a simple process to get those videos removed. Have found the same problems with both FB and IG as well.
Fortunately I've had zero issues with BCG to my knowledge. ;)
It's a sad fact of life these days that if you post content on social media you're open to theft, regardless of any copyright measures one takes.

I will regularly get around 5 or 6 copyright notices a week from YT letting me know that all or part of my videos are being used illegally on their platform. I have 2 videos in particular that have between 6 and 7 million views, so they are usually the targets, being a YT Premium member I get notified almost immediately and hence it's a simple process to get those videos removed. Have found the same problems with both FB and IG as well.
Fortunately I've had zero issues with BCG to my knowledge. ;)
It's a sad fact of life these days that if you post content on social media you're open to theft, regardless of any copyright measures one takes.
Thanks Marc. That's what I'm afraid of. Good to hear BCG has been clear though. I am indeed impressed that you have clips with 6 million views. Now if it was just $1 per view - heck even 10 cents and you would be golden. Appreciate your info.

Back