If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

808_8502.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

now i was just out at dinner on the big island, strollin along the beach and i saw this beauty! there was a monk seal expert right next to her who told me all about her. she's the largest female hawaiian monk seal in the world, being almost a ton at her peak weight! there's a netted fish farm off right the coast of here that is packed with food for her. the reason she's so large is her unique and specialized ability to get fish straight out of the farm without much work! additionally, seals are normally able to give their excess weight to their babies through milk. however, after giving birth, she rolled over and crushed her babies :(
808_8993.jpg

nevertheless, she is still thriving and is absolutely adorable!
808_8531.jpg

You did well with the opportunity. I really like the second shot. Many years ago I saw one of those guys on a beach on Kauai. Powers that be had put down stakes and police barrier tape around it. Which I suppose speaks to how much they move once they come ashore.