Wanting a Z8..

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently sold a Canon R5 in anticipation of the R5 MK II before the used prices of them really dropped..OK, its gone. The newer model was not what I was expecting and decided to jump ship..(I am still awaiting a Canon 200-800MM since last November...). So,I had decided on the Z-8 and an adapter for my ef lenses and will sell the RF Lens...My question is simply does anyone have any idea when Nikon has any major sales, or do I have to wait for Black Friday...? I had put a Z8 and 70-120 (I think) NIkkor lens in my cart (BestBuy), then I had surgery on my left hand, by the time I got back to my cart, it was regularly priced 700.00 higher..My fault, but now I cant bring myself to paying the 700.00 mistake premium!!

Unfortunately you missed Nikon’s usual summer sale. There will certainly be one in the run up to the winter holiday season. I don’t you know if you can expect anything else until then. Just keep an eye on retailer and Nikon websites. There’s the option of refurbished offers from Nikon and occasional open box sales from B&H and Adorama. Nikon’s refurbished products come with a 90 way warranty. Open box sales from retailers provide the full manufacturers warranty.

There normally is a sale around Black Friday. I would not be surprised to see some sort of rebate program or refurbished gear sale in September. I see more variation in prices for refurbished gear and for new gear, so if price is important, you might save a little going that route. Note that refurbished gear prices can vary by retailer - so you will need to shop around and monitor prices.

I recently sold a Canon R5 in anticipation of the R5 MK II before the used prices of them really dropped..OK, its gone. The newer model was not what I was expecting and decided to jump ship..(I am still awaiting a Canon 200-800MM since last November...). So,I had decided on the Z-8 and an adapter for my ef lenses and will sell the RF Lens...My question is simply does anyone have any idea when Nikon has any major sales, or do I have to wait for Black Friday...? I had put a Z8 and 70-120 (I think) NIkkor lens in my cart (BestBuy), then I had surgery on my left hand, by the time I got back to my cart, it was regularly priced 700.00 higher..My fault, but now I cant bring myself to paying the 700.00 mistake premium!!
Nikon has sales all the time - they vary in the amount off. If you can't wait I would suggest picking up a second hand one.

There normally is a sale around Black Friday. I would not be surprised to see some sort of rebate program or refurbished gear sale in September. I see more variation in prices for refurbished gear and for new gear, so if price is important, you might save a little going that route. Note that refurbished gear prices can vary by retailer - so you will need to shop around and monitor prices.

I check for new sales or prices frequently...In fact night before last I have a Z8 (and A7RV) saved in my wishlist (Amazon) and it showed 3199.00. Sold/Shipped from Amazon, September 15th...I then went to BestBuy, BH and all the rest and they were still the normal 3796.00....Went back to Amazon to order and grab a screen shot and it was already back to 3799.00..Sooooo, looks like maybe something happening in September maybe....Im not much for refurbished, but thanks.....

"I recently sold a Canon R5 in anticipation of the R5 MK II before the used prices of them really dropped..OK, its gone. The newer model was not what I was expecting and decided to jump ship..(I am still awaiting a Canon 200-800MM since last November...)."

So I take it the answer was no. What about the r5ii was the issue? I ask because I am skeptical that adapted ef glass is going to perform that well on a Nikon body, and on paper there are pros and cons to the two bodies but they are very similar side by side. The r5ii winning on autofocus and subject detection, the z8 having a faster readout speed.

Unfortunately you missed Nikon’s usual summer sale. There will certainly be one in the run up to the winter holiday season. I don’t you know if you can expect anything else until then. Just keep an eye on retailer and Nikon websites. There’s the option of refurbished offers from Nikon and occasional open box sales from B&H and Adorama. Nikon’s refurbished products come with a 90 way warranty. Open box sales from retailers provide the full manufacturers warranty.

So I take it the answer was no. What about the r5ii was the issue? I ask because I am skeptical that adapted ef glass is going to perform that well on a Nikon body, and on paper there are pros and cons to the two bodies but they are very similar side by side. The r5ii winning on autofocus and subject detection, the z8 having a faster readout speed.

Noooooo, Im not getting into that one...:):)...I was very happy with the R5Jr.., so I sold it..hehehe....I am a prime example of see what happened when I assumed something...but I was hoping for a substantial increase in Megapixels !!! I almost re-bought a new R5jr. (R5) from Amazon when they had it it for 2899.00 but I thought it was foolish for three/four year old technology...I shoulda kept mine...I only have one RF Lens 100-500 and a few EF's for landscape which is my prefered genre..Wanted to try out some moving targets with the Z8...and no longer a fan of Canon as I am still waiting for the 200-800...(noitfication, not pre-order)

Back