Warbler in the bushes

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MikeA

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hi,

These small warblers are constantly moving, always in the bushes and as soon as you get closer, they are gone. It took me hours, hundreds of pics and a lot of patience to get this one sharp shot, utilizing the last post from Steve's tips on birds. I hope you like it, my first in this forum (D7000, 1/4000, ISO 6400, 900 mm with Sigma 150-600/5,0-6,3 DG OS HSM Sports. I used Neat Image in Photoshop to reduce the noise and had to crop a lot too. But I like the way he seems to be studying me. Feedback is always welcome, since I still have a lot to learn.

Best,

Mike

DSC_1916small.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

But I like the way he seems to be studying me. Feedback is always welcome
I love the pose and the tilt of the head. Also really nice catch light with that glance down your way.

Nice image and yeah, these little guys are super tough. I see warblers of various kinds all the time but they're here, there, and gone in an instant or deep in the brush without a clear line of sight most of the time.

Nice job!

Back