Wasabi Power aftermarket battery Z9 acceptance issue

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ductape

Supporting Member
Marketplace
In the past few weeks I started getting a Nikon screen warning when installing one of my Wasabi power BTR-ENEL 18D (purchased new April 2022). The classic "This battery is unable to provide data to the camera....." screen. Ok, Nikon caught up and bricked my aftermarket battery, I get it. The part I don't get is I bought this battery in a two pack and the other battery is still being accepted by the camera just fine. No visible damage to said battery.

Anyone else having similar issues?

I understand some of you are adamant about not using anything but Nikon batteries in your equipment. Really more curious to hear from those that do.

I have a Wasabi battery in my Z9 - no issues yet. Then again, I only use it as a backup, so not much usage yet despite owning it since January 2022

For what it is worth: I had a Wasabi BTR ENEL18-JWP that worked fine in the D850 grip, but generated the same message you got when I put it in a Z9.
A second Wasabi battery, purchased later, this one a BTR-ENEL18D, has performed without issue in both Z9's to date. It actually seems to be holding up
better in the Z9s than do the two NIKON OEM EN-EL18c batteries left over from the D850. They seem to want to be calibrated a LOT and are aging when I actually do it.

Back