Waterfall detail

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jonathan

Waterfalls are a favorite subject of mine, though I haven't photographed any recently. I was going through some older photos and came across this one I took in Western North Carolina, thanks for looking!

366A3540.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

To me, you created a really nice affect here by "leaning in" to your subject rather than giving us a wider view of the whole falls. It's an example of what this author is talking about in an article I liked. https://photographylife.com/obvious-hidden-shot

Edit, I'll add that I'm trying to get my photos to be more interesting by thinking about non standard compositions, but I'm still a beginner...

I love this image. Taking partial/intimate shots of falls like this can really work well as demonstrated here. There are some real hidden gems of waterfalls in the western Carolinas. Wish I could spend a little time around there during spring/fall.

You captured my favorite part of Estatoe Falls in a fleeting light that I never encountered in many visits over the years. Great image! Sadly, this treasure is no longer available to the public. The property was sold several years ago and the new owners do not allow access.

I love the sunlight that filters through the trees and illuminates the water, giving it a soft, ethereal glow.
Thank you! I visited the falls a few times and this day was the only time I’ve seen the light like that.
To me, you created a really nice affect here by "leaning in" to your subject rather than giving us a wider view of the whole falls. It's an example of what this author is talking about in an article I liked. https://photographylife.com/obvious-hidden-shot

Edit, I'll add that I'm trying to get my photos to be more interesting by thinking about non standard compositions, but I'm still a beginner...
Thanks! Interesting article, thanks for the link. In this case the hidden shot was stronger than a shot of whole falls.
That one is great! No idea how you got the golden light om the right, but it provides a good contrast to the colder whites and blues. Simple composition as well, with tons of atmosphere, love it!
Thanks! Probably just good timing, the light on the rocks caught my eye and drew me towards a tighter shot.
Stunning photo
Thank you!
This is a great image! Surely you have it printed so you can enjoy it!
thanks! I should print this one, actually I should print more of my photos in general.
I love this image. Taking partial/intimate shots of falls like this can really work well as demonstrated here. There are some real hidden gems of waterfalls in the western Carolinas. Wish I could spend a little time around there during spring/fall.
Thanks! I lived in upstate SC for a couple years and loved the scenery in that part of the country!
Great photo, thanks for sharing it.
thanks!
Outstanding, just simply outstanding. (y) (y) :) (y) (y)
thank you!
This is great.
thanks!
You captured my favorite part of Estatoe Falls in a fleeting light that I never encountered in many visits over the years. Great image! Sadly, this treasure is no longer available to the public. The property was sold several years ago and the new owners do not allow access.
thanks! Sorry to hear it’s no longer open to the public, this was taken in 2019 I believe, I’m glad I went before it was sold
what a beautiful image. wow
Thank you!

Back