Weird issue Sony A1/A9III with Godox trigger+ A1 randomly not starting up. Advise please

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rene

Hi I’m literally in the middle of nowhere in Southern Spain photographing Genet cat and Eagle owl at night.

Both cameras are using Godox triggers (set up from owner of this ammazing hide) and for both cameras I use 1/200 sec + F5.6 + iso 1000 and images come out perfect. But all of a sudden both cameras start to under expose massively for what ever reason. I did not change settings so I can’t understand what’s causing this! Now someone told me that Sony cameras are notoriously difficult with trigger set ups but tbh I just don’t get what triggers this change in exposure etc. Any suggestions welcome!

Second issue; the A1 all of a sudden decided NOT to turn on with whatever battery I put in it and than all of a sudden it starts up! Yesterday in the middle of the shoot the camera shut down. I cleaned battery compartment but it still randomly decides not to start up. Needless to say: rather frustrating

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rene

Hi I’m literally in the middle of nowhere in Southern Spain photographing Genet cat and Eagle owl at night.

Both cameras are using Godox triggers (set up from owner of this ammazing hide) and for both cameras I use 1/200 sec + F5.6 + iso 1000 and images come out perfect. But all of a sudden both cameras start to under expose massively for what ever reason. I did not change settings so I can’t understand what’s causing this! Now someone told me that Sony cameras are notoriously difficult with trigger set ups but tbh I just don’t get what triggers this change in exposure etc. Any suggestions welcome!

Second issue; the A1 all of a sudden decided NOT to turn on with whatever battery I put in it and than all of a sudden it starts up! Yesterday in the middle of the shoot the camera shut down. I cleaned battery compartment but it still randomly decides not to start up. Needless to say: rather frustrating

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rene
I’ve used Godox flashes and triggers for years with no issues whatsoever. I have an A1, A7RV and A6700 all of that work great with the V1 speedlight and Xpro triggers. What speed light and trigger are you using out of curiosity and not sure if you realize or not but the Sony A1 will sync all the way up to 1/400th but you have to use mechanical shutter to do so.

Back