Western Bluebird

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Tom Reynolds

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was stuck at home with Covid on Sunday, but a Western Bluebird visited my backyard. apparently more than one. I had my OM-1 and 100-400 in my hand and was sitting in a rocking chair. The chair was comfortable, the air was warm and the camera was light so it was an enjoyable afternoon despite covid.
_7291547_western_bluebird.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
_7292932_western_bluebird_.jpg
_7291672_WBB-Bug.jpg

Of interest to Z-6iii owners and prospective buyers is that I shot the OM-1 like Steve suggested shooting a Z-6iii.

I was shooting at 17.5 f/s no blackout and at that rate the OM-1 mk2 has essentially an unlimited buffer (14 sec). In addition, the OM-1 shares the Z-6iii's light weight.

I was shooting in a very comfortable rocking chair on my patio and the camera was easy to hand hold for an extended time. When something might happen, I simply held the shutter down. I BIF shot was the last shot of me photographing the Bluebird on the grass hunting the grub.

I think that a z6iii with say a 600pf would be a very fun rig to use.

Tom

Back