If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I got in the habit of putting water out for the birds this fall and have continued through the winter. It is surprising what a draw it is to them since I am very close to a river (which rarely freezes over) but they seem to love it. The best photos I have gotten from it are manned focus traps.

I do not feed them as I am determined not to attract rodents.

BDA_2259-3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nicely done, love these bluebirds. In some cases I think the Western Bluebirds are prettier than the Mountain Bluebirds.
Thank you, Louis! I can see why you would say that and think I might agree about photographed birds. On the other hand, the more vivid and solid blue of the Mountain Bluebird seems to be easier to appreciate in person on these fast little birds.

I got in the habit of putting water out for the birds this fall and have continued through the winter. It is surprising what a draw it is to them since I am very close to a river (which rarely freezes over) but they seem to love it. The best photos I have gotten from it are manned focus traps.

I do not feed them as I am determined not to attract rodents.

View attachment 82633
Great shot!👍👍👍