Western Grebes

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

kkr_images

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The Western Grebes are still out on lakes and reservoirs near San Jose, California. These photos were taken a few weeks ago. We did not see any evidence that the birds had gone to nest; they were still displaying and bonding. In the first image, the bird is just thrusting itself out of the water to begin racing across the lake; in the second, the grebe is racing past where I was standing in the lake; and, in the third, two grebes are sharing "coy" glances.

Western Grebe gets ready to race across the lake copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Grebe on the run copy.jpg
Grebes - coy glances.jpg

The Western Grebes are still out on lakes and reservoirs near San Jose, California. These photos were taken a few weeks ago. We did not see any evidence that the birds had gone to nest; they were still displaying and bonding. In the first image, the bird is just thrusting itself out of the water to begin racing across the lake; in the second, the grebe is racing past where I was standing in the lake; and, in the third, two grebes are sharing "coy" glances.

View attachment 88762View attachment 88763View attachment 88764
The third snap is quite beautiful, awesome set of images.
Happy trails Kathy.

View attachment 88762View attachment 88763View attachment 88764
Lovely images.

Back