If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Howard5252

Unknown, but working on it
Supporting Member
Marketplace
850_9365.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

This is one of those WOW encounters. Very neat.
In this country the authorities dish out heavy fines for any whale watchers who get that close to them. The law here requires people to stay 100 meters away from them.

In this country the authorities dish out heavy fines for any whale watchers who get that close to them. The law here requires people to stay 100 meters away from them.
What about when the whales don't stay away from the people? ;)

I've got a friend who lives out in the sticks in North Florida. (It's still over five miles from his place to the nearest paved road.) He has about one-half acre completely contained by a chain link fence, with a chicken coop and small garden within. A while back the game warden drove by and saw several deer within the fencing and stopped to cite him for keeping wild animals illegally. My friend took measures (let his dogs out into the yard) to get the deer out of the enclosure, then had the dogs go back in and the deer jumped back over the fence into his yard and commenced to eating from the garden and his wife's flowers.

Same as above, the wildlife won't leave the people alone!

W

Refer to my response to Callie. This trip was on the Pacific side of The Baja Peninsula; Grey Whales give birth in those waters and when the calves are large enough, the whales leave on their migration to Alaska. The whales are very friendly in this calving area; they want to make contact with us. Our boat driver simply guessed where the whales would be, based upon water temperature, time of day, depth of the water, and tide situation. He then drove us to his "Best Guess" location, cut the engine and waited. If he guessed correctly, we would see Grey Whales and probably some calves. If we were very lucky, some of the whales would come along side of our boat and we could lean out and touch them. They wanted to be touched, of this, there was no doubt. There are two slideshows on my website and you can see for yourself. Yes, I touched a whale; the emotional feeling is almost overwhelming. The site is listed in my response to Callie; enjoy!