What do you think about those pics .... some shoot on the beach

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JSA_1703.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

JSA_2881.jpg

JSA_3262.jpg

I think for the first one you get a good sense of place and it sets a mood. I think some cropping would help by eliminating the blurry area in the foreground and some of the less interesting sky. Maybe keep the 3 to 2 ratio but squeeze it down with the bird in the bottom right third. Also a little contrast overall where the darks in the scene are allowed to go darker but maybe selectively bring up the shadows in the bird to allow more detail to show.

I think for the first one you get a good sense of place and it sets a mood. I think some cropping would help by eliminating the blurry area in the foreground and some of the less interesting sky. Maybe keep the 3 to 2 ratio but squeeze it down with the bird in the bottom right third. Also a little contrast overall where the darks in the scene are allowed to go darker but maybe selectively bring up the shadows in the bird to allow more detail to show.
Thanks a lot for this solid comments

First one is really good. Gives a sense of place and due to all the negative space makes you feel how small the bird is.

Second and third ones are way too muddy from an exposure/contrast/color point of view so they are a nope for me.

The first one is good - and agree with Bill's comments.
no 3. Love that one - but it will most probably not be a favourite for others. For me it is ONLY about the mood there. So regard me as the odd one out on that one 😂

Back