What is the perfect RAW image viewer ?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm looking for one that is:
Free
Very quick with big files
Easy to delete photos in. One click and gone/flagged for easy deleting later. The good photos are the one that remain.

FastRawViewer sells for $18 and that is cheap. I prefer FastStone Image Viewer (faststone.org) as it allows me to select 4 images and view them in large quadrants of the monitor so it is quick and easy to select the best image from a group when shooting multiple images of a subject.

It depends on what you are trying to see in the file. Ideally, the best raw viewer is the one that you will use to process your photos as raw viewers will render images as their authors see fit.

Having said that, I process in LR Classic, but like to cull with a combination of FastStone Image Viewer and FastRawViewer. The former for the reasons that @Calson mentioned (4x viewing), and FRV in case I need to dig deeper into an image.

--Ken

Fastone image viewer can be set to display the embedded jpegs or to render the raw. I don't know if fastraw offers a choice?

I neglected to mention that FastStone Image Viewer supports both lossless compressed and lossless compressed HE* files whereas FastRaw Viewer does not support the HE* format files.

Back