What will the list price of the Z9 be in the US?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

What will the list price be for the Z9 in the US

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
There is lots of interest in this camera and there are a few rumors that the Z9 will be "attractively" priced (that is if you consider a camera in the range of $6000 or so) to be attractively price.

Let's have some fun guessing its price ..

Of course comments why that price would be always welcomed. I'll hold off on my thoughts for a day or two. I'll keep this open for a week

The price of the Nikon D850 when first introduced was $3299 versus the Canon 5D Mark IV at $3499.

It would not surprise me if Nikon does this again, undercut both the Sony A1 (by a good bit) and the Canon R3 at $5,999. I suspect that Nikon will introduce the Z9 between $5,750 and $5,999.

Hmmm... I voted for around 5500$ (I'm a bit optimistic on this one, but who knows, maybe Nikon wants to really undercut Sony and Canon and get back their switchers).

But if the Z5 comes in above the 5999$ mark, then that would be, IMO, a sign that a Z8 is following up soon enough (there would be too much of a price and performance gap between the Z7 and Z9).

Something like that, or maybe a deal with $200 or $300 savings if both purchased together. I’m just playing the guessing game :)
Only deal I have seen is on the FTZ which is over priced at $300. $75-100 is a reasonable price for a metal tube with a few connections

I'm perhaps foolishly optimistic at R3 pricing - $5999
I am with you. If you purchase a Z9, then you will buy native S (Z?) glass. I think the money will be there. If the Z9 is popular with the pros, it will drive sales for hte Z6 and Z7.

From my days in marketing, pricing was one of the last things to be decided. Easy to change the price unless there is printed material. with electronic communications, simply change a few characters (but make sure you get them correct).

Nikon Z9 price in Germany: €5,999 (VAT included)....about £5000, $6000. So ~43% of us were in the guesstimated price range or very close :)

More leaks including above specs, photos etc are on NR

That price will likely drive up preorders. Heck, I do not need this camera and I find that price intriguing!
Z9 sales will drive glass for those who buy this lens. Z9 in the hands of pros will drive Z5, Z6, Z7 sales for amateurs and to a lesser degree some glass sales.

Great way for Nikon to renew interest in their products

Back