White Cheeked Honeyeaters.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Paul T

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was out and about testing my skills with my new Nikon z8 camera recently.

Slowly, slowly coming to terms with this rather complicated 'computer' that takes pictures.

I must admit to finding the focusing system challenging.

These White Cheeked Honeyeaters were quite polite and accepting of my using them as 'guinea pigs' and models.

A truly beautiful little Honeyeater and quite common. Today they were feasting on the flowers of a rather large and very pretty Coast Banksia (Banksia Integrifolia).

These birds grow up to 16-19cm in size. I have no idea how to identify their genders.

Attachments

• IMG_2874.jpeg
    IMG_2874.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2872.jpeg
    IMG_2872.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 32
I was out and about testing my skills with my new Nikon z8 camera recently.

Slowly, slowly coming to terms with this rather complicated 'computer' that takes pictures.

I must admit to finding the focusing system challenging.

These White Cheeked Honeyeaters were quite polite and accepting of my using them as 'guinea pigs' and models.

A truly beautiful little Honeyeater and quite common. Today they were feasting on the flowers of a rather large and very pretty Coast Banksia (Banksia Integrifolia).

These birds grow up to 16-19cm in size. I have no idea how to identify their genders.
I believe that the males and females look alike. I found no references to different plumage between the sexes.

Back