If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

GrandNagus50

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The weather here in Northern California is (thankfully!) wet at the moment, so my bird photography is restricted to a kitchen window safari. I really want(ed) to check out my spanking new Nikkor 100-400z zoom, so I camped out in the kitchen and waited for birds to visit our deck-rail feeding station. This adult White-crowned obliged. This was taken at 400mm f5.6, ISO 1600. I don't think the fact that I was shooting through glass affected the sharpness, which in my opinion is good, but really, not quite at the level of the 500m f5.6PF. I did some light postprocessing and downsizing in Photoshop.
White-crownedN100400c.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Seems to be working especially through glass- windows cleaner than mine. I am Nor cal too in foothills, I have started seeing these around more as of a month ago. I take alot of pics around house lately. Gives me some practice in getting better shots! When we got some snow last week, my bird feeder was inundated with hungry birds! Congrats on new glass.

Last edited:
The weather here in Northern California is (thankfully!) wet at the moment, so my bird photography is restricted to a kitchen window safari. I really want(ed) to check out my spanking new Nikkor 100-400z zoom, so I camped out in the kitchen and waited for birds to visit our deck-rail feeding station. This adult White-crowned obliged. This was taken at 400mm f5.6, ISO 1600. I don't think the fact that I was shooting through glass affected the sharpness, which in my opinion is good, but really, not quite at the level of the 500m f5.6PF. I did some light postprocessing and downsizing in Photoshop.View attachment 29134
Looks great to međź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť