White lion Cub

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This guy wrestled this fine stick from its normal sibling and was so proud to be the new owner.
Rhino and Lion NR, Kromdraai
03330W D3OO 0505.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

That is a really nice image Callie.
The Rhino and Lion NR looks like a great spot for photography. DO they have season/annual passes. If I lived close I would likely be there often.
The exposre looks spot on.
Most cubs look cuddly - not so much this guy. The characteristic bulky head and the intense eyes mean business.
How rare are white lion cubs? Is the white fur permanent or does the hair turn to its traditional amber color with maturity?

That is a really nice image Callie.
The Rhino and Lion NR looks like a great spot for photography. DO they have season/annual passes. If I lived close I would likely be there often.
The exposre looks spot on.
Most cubs look cuddly - not so much this guy. The characteristic bulky head and the intense eyes mean business.
How rare are white lion cubs? Is the white fur permanent or does the hair turn to its traditional amber color with maturity?
Thanks Bob
Unfortunately, the breeding of endangered species does not continue under the new management.
The white lions and the white tigers stay white. I think white lions originated from Timbavati near Kruger.
I have a white tiger cub image(s), a bit older also somewhere in the folder and he is a real killer, nothing soft, if you look in his eyes.
They did not offer any seasonal or discount passes but I was able to go quite often in those days.
They had a creche where the cubs were on display and visitors could handle the babies for a fee for about 5 minutes.
White lions in nature are rare, as is melanistic animals like black leopard, jaguar and serval.

Back