If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Well lit subjects in front of dark BG is one of my favorite techniques.

1)
_NZ92027.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2)
_NZ92030.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Dan, love those types of shots, myself, and what I liked most about #2 is how you can't see the face with the wing covering it, but you can see the face in the reflection. I don't know if you meant to catch that, guess it doesn't matter, you caught it and it's sooo very cool. (Now comes Miller Time, well done!)

Both great, but the reflection revealing the hidden head is fantastic!

Super photos
Thanks, Charles.

Dan, love those types of shots, myself, and what I liked most about #2 is how you can't see the face with the wing covering it, but you can see the face in the reflection. I don't know if you meant to catch that, guess it doesn't matter, you caught it and it's sooo very cool. (Now comes Miller Time, well done!)
Glad you enjoyed the shots, Kirk. No didn't anticipate quite that result. That's just the way the geometry worked out. I wasn't in a place where I could reposition very much even if I'd wanted to. When I first looked at the image I was bummed that the eye in the primary image was only partially visible between the feathers. Then saw the reflections and thought, cool, I'll take it :)

These are beautiful with a perfect reflection.
Thanks for the kind words. Yes reflections like that are hard to beat.

Now that’s a reflection that makes it special! Well done!πŸ‘
Thanks, Larry. Calm water and a dark BG reflection do the trick.

Both great, but the reflection revealing the hidden head is fantastic!
Thanks, Bill. Yes that one is different.

Thanks, Charles.

Glad you enjoyed the shots, Kirk. No didn't anticipate quite that result. That's just the way the geometry worked out. I wasn't in a place where I could reposition very much even if I'd wanted to. When I first looked at the image I was bummed that the eye in the primary image was only partially visible between the feathers. Then saw the reflections and thought, cool, I'll take it :)

Thanks for the kind words. Yes reflections like that are hard to beat.

Thanks, Larry. Calm water and a dark BG reflection do the trick.

Thanks, Bill. Yes that one is different.
It's different and a surprise when I see it. I've only captured that type of reflection maybe 3 times so it's a bit of a rarity to capture and see in a pic. I would frame that one if it were me. ;)

Great shots. Snowy Egrets are great for this type of shot, they are so reflective that they work really well with a dark background. Well done!