White-tailed kites in air food transfer

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

For the last 7 years, we have been very fortunate to have white-tailed kites nesting in our neighbors tree. I have gotten to photograph all stages of this, from the start of their family to the first flights of the chicks. Originally was using a D7100 with the 500mm f/4 but this year got to use the Z9 and 500mm PF lens which helped a lot. By far my favorite shots are when the kites do an in air food transfer (think that only a few other bird species do this including peregrine falcons and Norther harriers). Not sure what other species do this? This was one such shot I got this year:

[ ]

and a video:

[ ]

Thanks for looking and any comments.
Ricardo

For the last 7 years, we have been very fortunate to have white-tailed kites nesting in our neighbors tree. I have gotten to photograph all stages of this, from the start of their family to the first flights of the chicks. Originally was using a D7100 with the 500mm f/4 but this year got to use the Z9 and 500mm PF lens which helped a lot. By far my favorite shots are when the kites do an in air food transfer (think that only a few other bird species do this including peregrine falcons and Norther harriers). Not sure what other species do this? This was one such shot I got this year:

[ ]

and a video:

[ ]

Thanks for looking and any comments.
Ricardo
Excellent shot and info. I never new that occurred 👍👍👍

Back