Whitetail Bucks

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've made it a habit to have the camera on me just in case I run across something interesting to photograph. This evening not far from my house, I ran across four whitetail bucks grazing. They were pretty chill and then eventually moved on with their tails up :)

Thanks for looking.

Have a great week all.
Hatch

Sony A1+200-600 by hatch1921, on Flickr

Good on you for being prepared and making good with the opportunity. Really some nice shots here. Well done.
Thank you, NorthernFocus. Since relocating a little further south here in AZ, I try not to leave home without the camera. Lots of wildlife in and around the area.
Great series Hatch, #2 and #4 are my favs.

Joe
Mann thanks, JoeB.

Have a fun day all.
Hatch

That is a nice set of images. I hope that eight point makes it through the hunting season so he can make more good looking little bucks.
Many thanks. I'm with you...hope he makes it as well. The past couple of months they have stayed in this area... which keeps the hunters away... too close to a residential area to safely hunt. Fingers crossed :) I'd love to photograph him again next year.

Great set Frank, beautiful light, great time of the day to shoot.

Yup, don't leave home without it. Very good photos.

I really like the first 2 where the heads poke out of the brush. Well done

Beautifully done. Love that light!

Many thanks all, I appreciate the comments. It was great to be able to snap some shots of them, hopefully I'll cross their path again. Enjoy the day :)

Hatch

I've made it a habit to have the camera on me just in case I run across something interesting to photograph. This evening not far from my house, I ran across four whitetail bucks grazing. They were pretty chill and then eventually moved on with their tails up :)

Thanks for looking.

Have a great week all.
Hatch

Great shots!

Howe beautiful. Unfortunately, EHD went through and devastated our herd this summer. A lot of the big bucks we normally get to photograph during the rut did not survive the summer. There are a few parks around here that usually have some impressive bucks but this year very few. I'm quite sad that the highlight of my photography year won't materialize this fall. However, hopefully, the herd will come back stronger in a couple years as they virus passes and hits another area. Some estimates are as high as 75% of the deer herd in our area was impacted this summer. I don't know about that but I do know there were a lot of deceased deer laying around int he fields and especially around ponds as they were trying to get something to drink or cool off. I think the virus produces fever as well as internal bleeding.

Your shots are great.

Howe beautiful. Unfortunately, EHD went through and devastated our herd this summer. A lot of the big bucks we normally get to photograph during the rut did not survive the summer. There are a few parks around here that usually have some impressive bucks but this year very few. I'm quite sad that the highlight of my photography year won't materialize this fall. However, hopefully, the herd will come back stronger in a couple years as they virus passes and hits another area. Some estimates are as high as 75% of the deer herd in our area was impacted this summer. I don't know about that but I do know there were a lot of deceased deer laying around int he fields and especially around ponds as they were trying to get something to drink or cool off. I think the virus produces fever as well as internal bleeding.

Your shots are great.
Sorry to hear the herds were decimated, hopefully, they will rebound over time.

Hatch

Sorry to hear the herds were decimated, hopefully, they will rebound over time.

Hatch
Thanks. I think it will recover. EHD comes through every 7 or 8 years. Kind of Nature's population control. It will take a couple years for the herd to recover and 3 or 4 years for some of the big bucks to start roaming the hills and fields.

Thanks for looking.

Have a great week all.
Hatch

All the shots are so beautiful! Congratulation!

Back