Why is there now a timer on replies?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
For the last three days if you go to make multiple replies, it keeps saying there’s so many seconds required to wait until the reply can be posted. This is super annoying and I don’t know if it’s just a glitch on my end or something that’s been implemented to the site, please advise.

My experience was the amount of time varied wildly even in the same string of posting.
Same here and there should be a way that established members can disable this. It’s even more perplexing that you’re saying it has happened radically because I’ve never had it happen.

It has did it with every reply. I have posted it for the last 72 hours. I’ve tried signing out signing back in and on multiple devices, so not really sure what’s going on.

It has did it with every reply. I have posted it for the last 72 hours. I’ve tried signing out signing back in and on multiple devices, so not really sure what’s going on.
Do you mean using the +Quote button? Or are you hitting "Reply" on several posts ?

Do you mean using the +Quote button? Or are you hitting "Reply" on several posts ?
Either way, doesn’t make any difference if I’m replying to my own post or someone else’s or thinking someone for a reply it is making me wait period of time and it’s different every time which is even more strange

Could be related to being a supporting member or not? I haven't experienced it and reply pretty much.

Quote from the upgrade area:

Your purchase of a supporting membership helps to keep this site up and running - and is greatly appreciated! Your supporting membership will also remove all advertising, allow you to post in the Market Place (after 20 posts), allow you to delete your own threads, allow you to bypass the wait time for posts, give you a "history" link to help you quickly locate recently viewed posts, and give you broader signature file options.

Thanks for your support!

Quote from the upgrade area:

Your purchase of a supporting membership helps to keep this site up and running - and is greatly appreciated! Your supporting membership will also remove all advertising, allow you to post in the Market Place (after 20 posts), allow you to delete your own threads, allow you to bypass the wait time for posts, give you a "history" link to help you quickly locate recently viewed posts, and give you broader signature file options.

Thanks for your support!
I am a supporting member, so I don’t think that’s the cause

Is it possible your supporting membership has expired? The "badge" is not showing up under your avatar.
I’m not exactly sure to be honest I usually do it every year around March. I don’t even know where to see in my account if it is or not to be honest.

Yup, when it was 'on' for me it was every reply I made; next day maybe not, then the following day it was there again. As I said, it's been months since I've seen it; had forgotten about it.

Yup, it's for spam prevention. It keeps bots from overwhelming the site with posts. However, if you're a supporting member it's lifted since I doubt any spammer would pay to spam :)

It looks like you've renewed, so the time limit should be gone (also, thanks!).
Yeah I’ve been really scratching my head trying to figure out what in the world was causing that 😆

For the last three days if you go to make multiple replies, it keeps saying there’s so many seconds required to wait until the reply can be posted. This is super annoying and I don’t know if it’s just a glitch on my end or something that’s been implemented to the site, please advise.
I have never experienced this ! Very weird.

Yup, it's for spam prevention. It keeps bots from overwhelming the site with posts. However, if you're a supporting member it's lifted since I doubt any spammer would pay to spam :)

It looks like you've renewed, so the time limit should be gone (also, thanks!).
Clearly there was a period when I wasn't paid up, then! LOL

Back