Wiscoy Falls, New York

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Abinoone

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Went fly fishing last week on Wiscoy Creek, a well known trout stream in upstate New York. I was glad that I also took my camera and tripod, because the day was beautiful and the trout not very cooperative. Upstate NY can be unforgiving during long winters, but makes up for it the rest of the year with its uncompromising beauty.

829E4AF6-7995-4771-BBC1-5DC95987F487.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I don’t make it over here to Landscape land very often, but this photo really impresses me, and I’ll have to return sooner. I appreciated your scene selection (and photo expertise). In this era of neon Photoshop colors, I was struck by the beauty of black and white, green and lifelike oranges. I probably would have walked past it in search of dayglo multiple colors, but this is very nice. Good eye!

Great shot and I can relate to the story. I think the convergence of the left and right sides of the falls to the center makes for a superb composition. Not to mention the Fall colors. Nature presents us with opportunities. You nailed this one.

Very beautiful spot, and a great photo thereof! The fall colours are magnificent, and the slower shutter speed employed to smooth the water is perfect. Thanks for sharing this!

Clark, that is a beautiful image, with great composition and colors. Like has been alluded to, it's really refreshing to see a landscape image that looks realistic, where the photographer hasn't increased the vibrance or saturation beyond anything found on earth.

Back