If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JoeB

Supporting Member
Marketplace
2 weeks ago I was fortunate to catch this male Wood Duck preening at one of our local parks. Great evening sunlight and a more than willing model. This was the last time I saw the Wood Ducks before migrating south. My favorite duck.
_DSC5312.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

_DSC5316.jpg
_DSC5313.jpg
_DSC5327.jpg

_DSC5349.jpg
_DSC5344.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments. I did go back and look at my editing and did back off the vibrance a bit, a little heavy-handed. As far as sharpness, that is pretty much how the camera spit them out. I was experimenting with jpg vs raw and these were taken in jpg. Only slightly tweaked in LR6.

Joe

Very nice photos Joe, as far as the ducks looking too sharp and over saturated. They look right on my monitor, these are colorful ducks with great markings and feather details.
You have to see what these ducks look like in the wild.

Last edited:
Very nice photos Joe, as far as the ducks looking too sharp and over saturated. They look right on my monitor, these are colorful ducks with great markings and feather details.
You have to see what these ducks look like in the wild.
Thanks Ira. They are indeed colorful ducks and when the sun hits them they really pop.

Joe