If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My wife and I created a bird sanctuary in our Pasadena, CA yard. I enjoy photographing our daily visitors. Having recently purchased a new camera body (Nikon D850), I've been practicing quite a bit with it using the yard-birds as subjects. Lens is a Sigma 150-600c
2021_11_7_YardBirds 17.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
. Here's a few of our winter visitors (Yellow-rumped Warblers & White-crowned Sparrows):

2021_11_7_YardBirds 2.jpg
2021_11_7_YardBirds 15.jpg
2021_11_17_Bluebirds_Yard 1.jpg

Wow, that's awesome. What did you add to make it a sanctuary. What a great feeling to know that you can shoot like this each day. Great shots!
Thanks Dan. We added cover, food and water, with strategically placed decorative branches for photo opportunities. As I sit here working overlooking the garden, there are probably 100 or more birds flitting around the yard. Finches, Sparrows, Doves, Band-tailed Pigeons, Wrens, Scrub Jays, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Orange-crowned Warblers, Mountain Chicadees, Towhees, Hummingbirds….🤓

Last edited: