If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

From the same pond that gave me yesterday's rough-winged swallows (definition of insanity post). Today the area was alive with warblers. Most were impossible to photograph in flight, but the yellow-rumped warblers were a smidge easier.
yellow-rumped warbler.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC_6110-Edit.jpg
DSC_6126-Edit.jpg
DSC_6118-Edit.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I was feeling as though I'd finally made some progress…until I went back out this afternoon. Warblers have a way of humbling one quickly. Today's set involves a lot of blurry yellow blobs. I may need more caffeine next time.

Thanks, @KurtT. Species definitely plays a large role. For me, the yellow warblers were impossibly fast and completely unpredictable, while the ubiquitous yellow-rumps were more likely to hover over the water. And I discovered yesterday—naturally, when I didn't have a camera on me—that prothonotary warblers seem to fly down near the water in a fairly predictable manner. At least, this one was flying from rock to rock.