Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo, flying out of a garden tree, 280624.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

soundbyte

A well known member 🇦🇺 📷
Supporting Member
Marketplace
After spending about half an hour feeding in the Hakea tree, the group of about 10 Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos left the garden, this one came past on its way to the next food stop.
YTBC_280624_1_3_BCG.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
YTBC_280624_2_3_BCG.jpg
YTBC_280624_3_3_BCG.jpg
YTBC_280624_4_3_BCG.jpg
YTBC_280624_5_3_BCG.jpg
YTBC_280624_6_3_BCG.jpg
YTBC_280624_7_3_BCG.jpg

Nice set of BIF shots. On one of our visits down under a couple of those guys followed us along a path and kept dropping sticks and things on us. The least hospitable Ozzies we ever encountered in all of our visits. :mad:

Really great looking bird, those guys.
I agree, up close they like all large birds can be somewhat intimidating but are inquisitive, clever, talkative amongst themselves and very noisy at times.

Nice set of BIF shots. On one of our visits down under a couple of those guys followed us along a path and kept dropping sticks and things on us. The least hospitable Ozzies we ever encountered in all of our visits. :mad:
That is quite an encounter, too close for their comfort? It is usually the local magpies that attack humans that they identify as targets.

Very nice sequence! #3 and the last are my picks!
Glad you liked the images and have favourites, mine are 1,5,7, she was keeping an eye on me all the way past.

Thank you all.

Back