If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Lance B

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I've been very busy and have had little time for photography lately and also it has been too hot and humid for it anyway. Anyway, I managed to get out a couple of times and the weather has been much cooler. These are my first decent photos of a Yellow Thornbill - a tiny bird barely the size of my thumb. Even though I was close to MFD of the 800mm PF, these still needed decent crops! I was just in the right spot at the right time as today I was there again and not a Yellow Thornbill to be seen.

Z8 + 800 pf, 1/320s f/8.0 at 800.0mm iso450

original.jpg

Z8 + 800 pf, 1/320s f/8.0 at 800.0mm iso900

original.jpg

Z8 + 800 pf, 1/320s f/8.0 at 800.0mm iso450

original.jpg

Female Golden Whistler with lunch.

Z8 + 800 pf, 1/1000s f/8.0 at 800.0mm iso720

original.jpg

Thank you very much, Callie. Much appreciated!

Can't quite compare to your stunning images from Africa! :)
Thanks Lance - its all different, our species and yours. I love the Oz birds and have a few on my hope to shoot list for later this year. And your nocturnal critters rock!
We will be in the Outback mostly the time round, but will have a few days in Gold coast again. less than 60 days to go! šŸ˜

Thanks Lance - its all different, our species and yours. I love the Oz birds and have a few on my hope to shoot list for later this year. And your nocturnal critters rock!
We will be in the Outback mostly the time round, but will have a few days in Gold coast again. less than 60 days to go! šŸ˜
I hope you have a great time here. Pity you aren't coming to Sydney as I could show you around. :)