Yellowstone Pano

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Looking down into the main caldera area from a high point. Seven shot handheld hoorizontal panorama.
Nikon D600, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 1/400sec, f/7.1, ISO 100, Processed in LR and PS
Back before I was doing vertical panos. Also first full frame, early use. Would do it different today, but I still like this one.

Pano.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Fantastic Joe... is this someplace you had to Hike too?
No, it was just off the road in an overlook area. I moved as far forward as I could but was still standing in the parking area when I took these shots. It took a bit because the view was just breathtaking!

Last edited:
How do you keep level?
When shooting, I use the visible focus points(used or unused) in the viewfinder to keep a mostly level horizon line. I then merge in Photoshop allowing the merge to fill in the edges. I then level the horizon line and crop to what I want to show. Knowing I will crop, I try to shoot more then I expect to include in the pano. If doing again, I would shoot with the camera in portrait hold giving my more height to work with, which also helps with leveling. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back