Yikes they're JPEGs after Nikon Service!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BorderBirder

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Had some fun at a local moss known for dragonflies. Only when I attempted to use Adobe De-Noise did I realise my Z8 had a setting changed when in for its Lug Service (as it showed an incompatability message)!
These look much sharper pre export here.

Female Ruddy Darter
Dragonflies-0820-IMG_00001.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Over Mature Female Ruddy Darter
Dragonflies-0820-IMG_00002.jpg

Female Ruddy Darter
Dragonflies-0820-IMG_00003.jpg

I took my Z8 out for first test after getting it back. Before I went out this morning I checked to make sure it was still on JPEG Fine plus RAW and it was. Also checked to make sure time zone was same and my copyright info is still there and it is. Focus mode same too. As far as I can tell they did not change any settings, so it is odd they did for you.

Also, great photos.

I took my Z8 out for first test after getting it back. Before I went out this morning I checked to make sure it was still on JPEG Fine plus RAW and it was. Also checked to make sure time zone was same and my copyright info is still there and it is. Focus mode same too. As far as I can tell they did not change any settings, so it is odd they did for you.

Also, great photos.
Thanks! I checked what I thought was everything... all customisation intact, but no longer RAW!! i was impressed how editable the images were as I haven't tinkered with JPEGs for years :)

Back