If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BrentPaull

American West Photo Safaris
Supporting Member
Marketplace
For 40 years I've chased wildlife photography dreams in Yellowstone. With my safari just ended last Wednesday, the park didn't disappoint.
Z91_9135-web.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Z91_0005-web.jpg

This grizzly sow and her two juveniles enjoyed an afternoon swim at Blacktail Ponds. Diving into the pond, this juvenile gave me a heads up to prepare for the image by crouching down and preparing itself for the jump.
Z91_1904-web.jpg

This grizzly sow and her single juvenile put on a great show of moving along Soda Butte Creek before crossing the river, climbing up the bank, and exiting north right along the edge of the parking lot a mile past the confluence of Soda Butte Creek and Lamar River (the 2 bathroom parking lot). Lots of jumping, swimming, shaking off, and interactions.
Z91_0919-web.jpg

Z91_0595-web.jpg

I worked hard to keep a position on the grizzlies with them frontlit, yet still be at approximately the park required 100 yards. Most of the shots were with my Nikon Z9, and 500mm f5.6 PF lens, set to DX mode.
Z91_9876-web.jpg

Z91_9238-web.jpg

For 40 years I've chased wildlife photography dreams in Yellowstone. With my safari just ended last Wednesday, the park didn't disappoint.
View attachment 91065View attachment 91066
This grizzly sow and her two juveniles enjoyed an afternoon swim at Blacktail Ponds. Diving into the pond, this juvenile gave me a heads up to prepare for the image by crouching down and preparing itself for the jump.
View attachment 91067
This grizzly sow and her single juvenile put on a great show of moving along Soda Butte Creek before crossing the river, climbing up the bank, and exiting north right along the edge of the parking lot a mile past the confluence of Soda Butte Creek and Lamar River (the 2 bathroom parking lot). Lots of jumping, swimming, shaking off, and interactions.
View attachment 91068
View attachment 91069
I worked hard to keep a position on the grizzlies with them frontlit, yet still be at approximately the park required 100 yards. Most of the shots were with my Nikon Z9, and 500mm f5.6 PF lens, set to DX mode.
View attachment 91071
View attachment 91073
Brent, Awesome set!! You should be proud. That last one for some reason really catches my attention. They are all great. 👍👍👍👍