Z50 Dust on the sensor or burned in

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A friend of mine has a z50 with a sensor problem. When she goes on holiday she has to clean her sensor several times. Because there is dust on the sensor. Now she has returned from China.
The local photo shop says she shot in a laser. Someone else already had this problem. With a Z6 shooting pictures of a Fairground attraction cost about $1000 for the sensor. A new sensor for the Z50 will also costs money to replace. Thanks in advance for answering.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-11 at 21.38.26.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-11 at 21.38.26.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 42
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-07-11 at 21.39.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-11 at 21.39.06.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 43
I can not tell anything from the images you shared. If I were your friend and could not remove a spot by my own efforts to clean the sensor, I’d send the camera into Nikon for cleaning and evaluation.

I too am very interested in this thread. My wife's Z50 has two spots on the sensor that I can see but cannot remove by using neither the blower nor by wet cleaning. It's a pain to remove these spots in post from every picture she takes.

Back