Z6-III - MF subject detection area ???

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JamesFarrell

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Within the Z6-III Photo Shooting menu choices is “AF/MF subject detection options“. When you change from no subject detection and select a subject, the next menu item below it, “MF subject detection area” is no longer greyed out and you can make a few choices from three areas. What is am not understanding is what does MF subject detection area do. I understand full well "AF" subject detection, but I am not understanding the "MF" option and what it does and what functionality it provides.

Last edited:
Does the camera have the ability to make the in focus areas glow when in focus? Called focus peaking? There might be choices as to what color you want the glow to be.

The camera will show the subject detection boxes and eye detect in MF and then turn green in focus. The focus point will be tied to the zoom function so you can use that button to zoom in on that point and check focus.

It’s quite useful because the zoom in function is tied to the subject detect.

The camera will show the subject detection boxes and eye detect in MF and then turn green in focus. The focus point will be tied to the zoom function so you can use that button to zoom in on that point and check focus.

It’s quite useful because the zoom in function is tied to the subject detect.

That's a cool feature.

Within the Z6-III Photo Shooting menu choices is “AF/MF subject detection options“. When you change from no subject detection and select a subject, the next menu item below it, “MF subject detection area” is no longer greyed out and you can make a few choices from three areas. What is am not understanding is what does MF subject detection area do. I understand full well "AF" subject detection, but I am not understanding the "MF" option and what it does and what functionality it provides.
MF subject detection allows the use of subject detection options when MF is selected. It works quite well in situations in which you’d prefer to use MF instead of autofocus. I think it’s most effective when the camera is tripod mounted (or placed on a stable stationary surface).

Back