Z6-III, Z9/8 USB-C PD Body Rubber Port Door Longevity

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JamesFarrell

Member from Arizona
Supporting Member
Marketplace
As a Z 6III (x2) and former Z9 (x2) owner I found direct USB-C “PD” charging via the on-body port to certainly be convenient. However, I found myself often reluctant to use it as much as I thought the more I ‘pried’ open the rubber door with a finger nail the more I became concerned that over time the flimsy rubber port door would not close securely and keep out moisture with repeated frequent use over time. For those of you using the Z9 and Z8 what is your experience over time with constant use of the rubber port door over the USB-C port. It’s a bit flimsy in my view. Opinions and experience?? I am preferring a battery charging cradle but have yet to find one that I like.

As a Z 6III (x2) and former Z9 (x2) owner I found direct USB-C “PD” charging via the on-body port to certainly be convenient. However, I found myself often reluctant to use it as much as I thought the more I ‘pried’ open the rubber door with a finger nail the more I became concerned that over time the flimsy rubber port door would not close securely and keep out moisture with repeated frequent use over time. For those of you using the Z9 and Z8 what is your experience over time with constant use of the rubber port door over the USB-C port. It’s a bit flimsy in my view. Opinions and experience?? I am preferring a battery charging cradle but have yet to find one that I like.
James, I’ve not had a problem with the rubber doors on my Z cameras. I try not to be overly rough with them and I’ve not had to replace one.

If you’re going to use a battery charger the MH-34 is best, I think. The MH-25a wall charger works, too.

Back