Z600 F6.3 lens case

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

As far as I can tell Nikon doesn't make a case for the Z600 PF. I like to keep a lens in a case when not in use, has anyone came up with a good case?

Thanks
Rich Strobel
I'm pretty sure the CL-M5 case that shipped with the 500mm PF and is available individually works for the 600mm PF but of course not with a camera attached.

There are also third party cases like the Nicama LB1 or Lowepro 13x32 case that should work with the 600mm PF.

It is CL-C6
It's a pity Nikon does not make more effort to make decent cases, with padding, MOLLE loops/clips etc, for many of their newest, excellent lenses.
I suggest a 3rd party telephoto lens case that fits. I have a couple of Tenba padded 'tube' cases, which protect lenses well, but there're many other brands out there.

I find the large ThinkTank 150 holster is more useful than a lens-only case for a telephoto, such as the 400 f4.5S and 500 PF. It's more versatile fitting the rig with camera ready. Although larger, it might be too narrow for the 600 f6.3S.

Last edited:
I check the dimensions for the lens and the attached camera body and then go to the B&H website and use the available filters to select for the interior dimensions needed. From that short list I check other aspects, including whether it allows for two shoulder straps and exterior pocket for filters or remote release, etc.

I have used this process for the past 30 years to find cases for my photo gear and it works.

The CL-L2 case is quite large; I would offer that it is too large for the 600mm PF lens.

A case that fits the lens very, very nicely is the Lowepro 13 x 32 cm model. Actually, it's just about perfect.

Yes the Lowepro 13X32 cm lens case fits the 600 PF and 500 PF w/FTZ perfectly. I have 2 of them . They are very well made and nicely padded.

Think Tank makes a carrying case that fits the 600mm pf with hood reversed and camera (z9) attached. The one that fits is the digital holster 150. It is designed to be able to be worn on the hip with a belt or carried over the shoulder with a strap. I really like it for when I am working with the single lens. Otherwise I would use a backpack.

Thanks everyone for the great advice, I ordered the lowepro yesterday from amazon and got it today at 1:30, it fits perfect. I'm also going to get the Think Tank for the camera lens combo, I put it on my Christmas list.

Rich

I will second the Think Tank Digital Holster 150. I have the 180-600, not the 600PF, but I can fit that lens with Z9 attached, hood reversed. It's just the slightest bit snug, but I don't feel like I'm taxing the zipper.

Back