Z6ii problem

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello everyone.

I’m seeking for some wisdom and guidance regarding a problem I faced today with me camera, a Z6ii. The problem is that even when I am in manual mode all of a sudden it’s started acting like it’s in auto mode and I can’t change any setting - not the iso or the shutter speed. The only thing that changes is the aperture but with no difference on the screen.

Has anyone else had this issue with their camera? Could it be a firmware issue?

I was also switching between lenses, could that have triggered something to act like this?

Appreciate any help or information you may give me.

Have a good one!

It’s also both in photo and video mode…
What do you mean by different bank?
I have not seen or heard of this issue before. I had a Fuji camera that would occasionally act up and begin taking photos on its own. I sent it in and they couldn’t replicate. Upon receiving back it started doing it again so I recorded a video showing it sitting on the table taking photos on its own. I shared this video with Fuji and they had me send the camera back. They replaced the top plate and it was perfect afterwards. So my recommendation is to take a video that shows the issue, then do a reset on the camera, maybe reload the firmware, setup again and see if you experience this again. If you do, contact Nikon support and share the video with them and let them know what you have done for troubleshooting.

Save your settings, reset the camera, see if the camera still has the issue. If it doesn’t, you know it’s something in the settings. If it still has the issue, it might something wrong with the camera.

You might also clean the camera/lens contacts.

The only weirdness like this I've had with these cameras was resolved by taking the lens off and on several times in an effort to burnish the contacts.

I know. A shot in the dark.

Otherwise, have never had a problem.

Thank you all for your advice, I really appreciate give your thoughts! I will reload the firmware to see if that would be the issue or else I will send a video to Nikon showing what it going on.

I will come back if and when the issue is resolved to let anyone with a similar problem know what to do.

Have a good day!

Back