Z6iii and NX Studio issues

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Micky

Supporting Member
Marketplace
My Z6iii arrived this week. After watching, Steve's Z6ii Setup Series, I took some photos of my grandkids during a walk today. Then, imported the RAW files to NX Studio. But, when I make adjustments, the images are not changed. Everything works fine with Z8 files.

Any ideas about a setting that I may have changed that would cause this?

I can edit JPEG files from the Z6iii, just as JPEG files from the Z8. With Z6iii RAW files, It does show "processing" occasionally, but not every time. After attempting to adjust RAW file from the Z6iii, sometimes the thumbnails will only show the Nikon NX Studio icon and "NEF". Once it does that, it will not open the file, but show "processing".

Thanks
Micky

Last edited:
My Z6iii arrived this week. After watching, Steve's Z6ii Setup Series, I took some photos of my grandkids during a walk today. Then, imported the RAW files to NX Studio. But, when I make adjustments, the images are not changed. Everything works fine with Z8 files.

Any ideas about a setting that I may have changed that would cause this?

Thanks
Micky
I’m using NX Studio version 1.7.0 on an M1 MacBook Pro. My Z6III images are HE*. I’m able to edit them (brightness & color, curves, LCH, picture controls, etc) with no problem at all. The changes are displayed on the screen more or less immediately. I’m not sure what might be causing the problem @Micky is having.

I’m using NX Studio version 1.7.0 on an M1 MacBook Pro. My Z6III images are HE*. I’m able to edit them (brightness & color, curves, LCH, picture controls, etc) with no problem at all. The changes are displayed on the screen more or less immediately. I’m not sure what might be causing the problem @Micky is having.
When I change to JPEG/HEIF, I am able to edit them. I have no issues with files from my Z8. And, never had an issue with the Z6ii files. Maybe it is some setting that I changed in the camera. I suppose that I can reset the camera to factory settings and see if that solves the issue.

I am using NX Studio 1.7.0 on an iMac.

Back