Z6iii-Charger NOT included

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Fujis have been like this for a while - at least on the ones that I've bought. I think that all cameras and other battery powered devices will follow as now USB - C can support faster charging rates and the cable is supplied for the charger so they can make more money by selling the chargers as an accessory.

Here in the Netherlands the Z6III is also sold without a charger but with USB cable, possibly due to an EU law that prohibits the inclusion of a charger for mobile electronic devices like mobile phones, etc.

I would expect that the configuration, charger or no charger, would be region specific. Surprised that the charger is not included in the US

Charging cable is included (UC-E25 USB Cable)

Last edited:
My MacBook Pro has a single USB-C cable connecting it to:
  • power supply
  • BenQ monitor #1
  • BenQ monitor # 2
  • Brother multi-function printer/scanner
  • Epson slide & photo scanner
  • Canon high-end photo printer
  • SanDisk CFexpress card reader
  • iPhone; AirPods; Apple Watch
An OWC Thunderbolt 4 Dock links/charges all of the above. (Monitors powered from mains.)

Brave new world; and I don’t need to remember which way is up for the plug!

And one more thing (almost forgot!): I have three matchbox-size camera battery chargers (Canon, Leica, Nikon) plugged into a separate powerboard.

Ye olde worlde survives.

Last edited:
I think some are power delivery and others are not? Some are shielded? Faster rates of data transfer? I guess I don't know much except avoid the cheap ones.

But are all USB-C cables 'created equal'?
  • Physically the same? I think 'yes'.
  • Electronically/digitally the same? Not so sure.
There appear to be huge differences in price.
No. They aren't physically the same, albeit the connector. In addition, the have different chips, power, and data capabilities. Hence, the differences in prices.

I would like to know what Nikon battery charger(s) will charge the battery for the Z6iii camera. B&H photo shows more than one under "Accessories" for the Z6iii. And its product page clearly states that a battery charger in NOT included in the box.

I am not happy to see that a battery charger is not included with the camera. I think this is a big mistake for Nikon in the US.

It is my understanding that USB-C cables and USB-C chargers are not all the same. Some chargers are Power Delivery or PD while others are not. Some cables allow for faster transmission rates.

Here is what B&H says about the Z6iii battery:

"Power select Nikon cameras with the EN-EL15c rechargeable lithium-ion battery. This battery has the EN-EL15 form factor and can be used as a higher capacity substitute for previous generation batteries. It is compatible with the MH-25 and MH-25a chargers, or, when used with Z cameras, it can be charged in-camera using the EH-7P Charging AC Adapter or EH-8P AC Adapter."

Last edited:
How do you charge a spare battery?
Charge it in-camera when the camera isn’t being used or buy a standalone charger.

Over the years I’ve acquired far more than enough Nikon batteries/chargers, usb c cables, and a variety of AC adapters. Whether or not driven by regulation, I’m fine with Nikon attempting to lessen eventual e-waste.

You can charge it in camera whenever you are not actively photographing, correct?
That's correct.

I would like to know what Nikon battery charger(s) will charge the battery for the Z6iii camera. B&H photo shows more than one under "Accessories" for the Z6iii. And its product page clearly states that a battery charger in NOT included in the box.

I am not happy to see that a battery charger is not included with the camera. I think this is a big mistake for Nikon in the US.

It is my understanding that USB-C cables and USB-C chargers are not all the same. Some chargers are Power Delivery or PD while others are not. Some cables allow for faster transmission rates.

Here is what B&H says about the Z6iii battery:

"Power select Nikon cameras with the EN-EL15c rechargeable lithium-ion battery. This battery has the EN-EL15 form factor and can be used as a higher capacity substitute for previous generation batteries. It is compatible with the MH-25 and MH-25a chargers, or, when used with Z cameras, it can be charged in-camera using the EH-7P Charging AC Adapter or EH-8P AC Adapter."
Just go to Nikon website, click on Z6iii page, click on accessories.

Back