Z7 problem

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi, My Z7ii has just stopped me using (choose image area) and says “this option is not currently available..

I’ve tried looking everywhere and even resorted to resetting everything (yet date and location never changed!)

Please can someone tell me either another way of factory re-set, or just what I’ve done to "grey out" this option.

BTW> in the "i info" menu this option just doesn’t even appear now not even greyed out!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, My Z7ii has just stopped me using (choose image area) and says “this option is not currently available..

I’ve tried looking everywhere and even resorted to resetting everything (yet date and location never changed!)

Please can someone tell me either another way of factory re-set, or just what I’ve done to "grey out" this option.

BTW> in the "i info" menu this option just doesn’t even appear now not even greyed out!

Thanks in advance.
Do you have a DX lens mounted on the camera?

JAJ. Sorry this may make me sound stupid, but it's a Sigma 18-300 via an FTZ

What does DX actually mean (for future use!) ;-)
Ah!!! just re-attached my 600/6.3 and its back working, I hadn’t thought different lenses made such a difference.

Thanks for the nudge.

Back