Z8 and Z9 Setup Guide by Richard Peters, aimed at wildlife photographers

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I thought readers of this forum might like to know that a setup guide for wildlife photographers, shooting with the Nikon Z8 and Z9, has been published by the UK based wildlife photographer, Richard Peters.

Z8 & Z9 Wildlife Settings Guide

The 242 page ebook is sold through the US online digital platform, Lemon Squeeze LLC.

I've only had a brief chance to browse my copy, but it seems easy to read and very well illustrated. It costs £34.99 with all future updates being free. Pricing in other countries can be found by following the link above. I see this as complimenting the other excellent online guides such as Steve's Z8 & Z9 Setup Guide which I have already purchased. These ebooks are a 'fountain of knowledge' from which we each need to distill the elements most appropriate for our individual photographic circumstances.

These camera's are so complex and the menu's are so confusing. I think the best guides would be interactive with short video's that demonstrate everything. Of course the cost of producing them would be FAR greater, but it would be much easier and less brain power to follow. It takes some serious energy to get through these topics sometimes.

Hi
Any feedback whether this is worthwhile getting in addition to Steve’s excellent books. I also allready have the Thom Hogan guide, so think I should have most covered. I would actually like an event orientated guide…

Last edited:
I thought readers of this forum might like to know that a setup guide for wildlife photographers, shooting with the Nikon Z8 and Z9, has been published by the UK based wildlife photographer, Richard Peters.

Z8 & Z9 Wildlife Settings Guide

The 242 page ebook is sold through the US online digital platform, Lemon Squeeze LLC.

I've only had a brief chance to browse my copy, but it seems easy to read and very well illustrated. It costs £34.99 with all future updates being free. Pricing in other countries can be found by following the link above. I see this as complimenting the other excellent online guides such as Steve's Z8 & Z9 Setup Guide which I have already purchased. These ebooks are a 'fountain of knowledge' from which we each need to distill the elements most appropriate for our individual photographic circumstances.
Always good to know there are other guides “out there”, but Steve’s guides are so comprehensive, easy to read, and understandable that I can’t imagine needing any other book(s) on the subject. Thank you anyway!

By the time I’ve read a couple of guides and watched a couple of videos, I’ve totally forgotten my setup!! A few days ago, sitting in one of those safari Jeep things and thinking help!
Yip me too also I tend to forget what is where if I don't use the Z9 for a few weeks. It's got to the stage where I use Steve's setup sheets, laminate them so I have something to refer to when I'm out that is of course providing I've remembered to put them in my bag in the first place...!

By the time I’ve read a couple of guides and watched a couple of videos, I’ve totally forgotten my setup!! A few days ago, sitting in one of those safari Jeep things and thinking help!
I'm pretty much in a 'painting London Bridge' mode with Steve's books -- finish a book and simply start again at the beginning. For the same reason you cite, I forget most everything within days that I'm not using regularly LOL

Always good to know there are other guides “out there”, but Steve’s guides are so comprehensive, easy to read, and understandable that I can’t imagine needing any other book(s) on the subject. Thank you anyway!
...and this is Steve's forum, too...might not be the best thing to pitch other people's guides....just my thought on it.

My memory reflects my age, which does add challenges to changing or adding new mussel memory to take advantage of the buttons and setting. I have it much easier to learn from a printed copy of Steve's setup guides. For $160cnd printed in colour, 2 sided and 3 hole punched and put multiple Oxford Duotang covers. Much easier to follow along with the video and has the advantage of being able to add notes to the pages as needed. This seems to help with recall of the setting chosen. I would be happy to buy a hard copy of Steve's Z setting and shooting offering.

Attachments

• 20240409_162100.jpg
    20240409_162100.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 33
Back