Z8 at Nikon.ca

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've been tempted by one to replace my D500 for a while and this morning I see they're $700 off at Nikon Canada: However, it also says they're "backordered". Does anyone know what that means for delivery times? Months, weeks, days etc?

It seems a little odd to put something on sale, but not have any available.

I suspect it's just timing of shipments. There is normally no problem obtaining a Z8 within a reasonably short period of time. There are no widespread backlogs.
Nikon.ca have been showing them backordered for several weeks now. Is it a case of Nikon waiting for a certain number of orders to be placed and then they organize a shipment from the factory?

Nikon.ca have been showing them backordered for several weeks now. Is it a case of Nikon waiting for a certain number of orders to be placed and then they organize a shipment from the factory?
Not sure why they've been backordered so long when the major retailers all seem to have the camera in-stock at the sales price. But I'm sure it's not a case of waiting to place an order to the factory as I'm certain they'd much rather carry the inventory and have them available for immediate sale as showing them as back-ordered just encourages buyers to purchase them elsewhere. Perhaps some organization placed a large order and temporarily wiped out Nikon.ca's inventory but it is a bit strange.

You might give Nikon a call to see if it's just a website error as it's strange that the Z8 is easy to find on many major retailer sites but not directly from Nikon.ca. Either that or just shop from one of the large reputable retailers as in the end it works out the same as purchasing directly from Nikon.ca.

Back