Z8 autocapture not working in manual focus mode - official!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi
Following up on my post in a few threads, I have now had official recognition from Nikon that I was right and that autocapture will not work in manual focus mode on the Z8. The e-mail said:

I'm reaching out to you as a follow-up to the ongoing case you have with us at Nikon support.

We have received an update on this mater.

Our corporate office has confirmed the issue you are experiencing while using the manual focus with the Autocapture feature of the Z8, is indeed a problem with the camera's firmware.
We have also received confirmation this issue will be fixed in a future firmware update, however we are not able to confirm when this will be released.

We apologize for the inconvenience this brings you and ask you to consider keeping an eye on the Firmware page of the Z8

I have written back expressing my concern at this lack of customer care and suggested that they should announce the problem to hopefully save other people spending hour afer hour trying to get it to work.

Back